The Re 420, Re 4/4 in the old numbering scheme, are important bo-bo, electric locomotives of the SBB-CFF-FFS, which were made in several series and in numerous versions.
This Add-On for Trainsimulator contains reproductions of this beautiful engine including cab and working controls. The latest version (V 4.0) is an upgrade to former versions to create full ZUB compatibility with Rivet Games’ Gotthardbahn. We also cleaned up some scripting parts fixed bugs and improved overall performance.
Re 4/4-420-430 Pack version 4.1:
Contents Re 420 Pack V4.1:
– Re 4/4 11108 Swiss Express (Scherenpanto)
– Re 4/4 11109 Swiss Express
– Re 4/4 11142 (506) BLS
– Re 4/4 11146 Red (Scherenpanto)
– Re 4/4 11161 Standard Green
– Re 4/4 11172 (21) Mittel-Thurgau-Bahn (old livery)
– Re 4/4 11172 New version (Pendel)
– Re 4/4 11194 & 11195 (Weathered) Standard Red
– Re 4/4 11239 ‘Porrentruy’ (Weathered)
– Re 4/4 11252 TEE
– Re 4/4 11320 Interregio Cargo
– Re 4/4 11351 (42) SOB
– Re 420 165 (Weathered) & 186 SBB Cargo
– Re 420 268 Cargo ‘Gottardo’
– Re 420 294 ‘Zirkus Knie’
– Re 436 114 Crossrail
**** IMPORTANT! To be able to correctly drive the Re 420 in combination with an Re 620 (Re 10/10), or have 2 Re 420’s in a consist, you need to install THIS PATCH to update your Re 420’s ****
Please note that the cab is the standard early model and does not actually represent all variants. Matching cabs for each and every engine might come in later versions and/or updates (TBD).
– Rivet Games compatible ZUB simulation (AWS/Speedlimits)
– Wachsamkeitskontrolle (Swiss SIFA)
– Full wiper control
– Full pantograph control
– Customized lighting (OFF-AUTO-MANUAL)
– Real Re 4/4 sound
– Manoever mode (Shunting)
– Pantograph arcing & snoweffects (Winter/Switchable)
This add-on is for advanced drivers.This is mainly due to the use of the stepswitch speed control and absence of Cruise Control.
Tutorials and Preview Videos
Productvideo: Re 420 V4.0 driveby
Tutorial: Re 420 V4 on Gotthardbahn (unfortunately there are some minor (last minute) changes in final released version). Please read the remarks.
Please download an easy step-by-step quick guide and manual below:
You can download scenarios for this engine from our Scenario Page
- You can operate version 4.0 next to version 2.0 if you wish to do so. There is no need to de-install older versions for version 4.0 to work correctly.
- The controls of version 4.0 have changed slightly from older versions. Please read the quick guide, manual and watch the tutorial video.
Having troubles? Look HERE first.
Update V4.1 :
- Please read THIS info on the update.