The Zürich S-Bahn (German: S-Bahn Zürich) system is a network of rail lines that has been incrementally expanded to cover the ZVV area, which comprises the entire canton of Zürich and portions of neighbouring cantons (Aargau, Schaffhausen, Schwyz, Thurgau and St. Gallen), with a few lines extending into or crossing the territory of southern Germany. The network is one of many commuter rail operations in German speaking countries to be described as an S-Bahn.
The entire ZVV S-Bahn network went into operation in May 1990, although many of the lines were already in operation.
Unusual among rapid transit services, the Zürich S-Bahn provides first class commuter travel; about a quarter of seats on each train are first class.
The double-decker shuttle train is in use for the Zurich S-Bahn. This train is the first generation of double-decker commuter trains for large-scale use in S-Bahn traffic. TrainworX has worked hard to create this train for Train Simulator (TS20XX). We have had tremendous help from the Swiss railways community. Using many sources of information we have created a realistic railsim experience.
- Real sounds
- Hybrid ZUB (Including Rivet Games ZUB magnet compatibility)
- Driver Vigilance Safety (Wachsamkeits Kontrolle)
- Park mode (Parkstellung)
- Fully operational Re 450 and Bt cabs with shuttle function
- Combined multi-traction consists
- ‘Lean-built’ for use on resource heavy routes
Included in the pack:
- Re 450 (autonumbering with coats of arms)
- DPZ Bt control car (autonumbering)
- DPZ AB (autonumbering)
- DPZ NDW (autonumbering)
- 6 prebuilt (quick-drive) consists
- Scenarios for Zue-Olt, SBB1 and Lake Constance (Download from Scenario Page)
NOTE: The installer will sometimes trigger a false positive (virus.malware) warning. This is due to the installer .exe file. You can safely disregard this and/or whitelist the file. The files are submitted for review/whitelisting at Microsoft.
Bugs V 1.0
- There seem to be some inconsistencies with the sound. We are looking into this and will provide a patch or incorporate this in V1.1.