The Zürich S-Bahn (German: S-Bahn Zürich) system is a network of rail lines that has been incrementally expanded to cover the ZVV area, which comprises the entire canton of Zürich and portions of neighbouring cantons (Aargau, Schaffhausen, Schwyz, Thurgau and St. Gallen), with a few lines extending into or crossing the territory of southern Germany. The network is one of many commuter rail operations in German speaking countries to be described as an S-Bahn.
The entire ZVV S-Bahn network went into operation in May 1990, although many of the lines were already in operation.
Unusual among rapid transit services, the Zürich S-Bahn provides first class commuter travel; about a quarter of seats on each train are first class.
The double-decker shuttle train is in use for the Zurich S-Bahn. This train is the first generation of double-decker commuter trains for large-scale use in S-Bahn traffic. TrainworX has worked hard to create this train for Train Simulator (TS20XX). We have had tremendous help from the Swiss railways community. Using many sources of information we have created a realistic railsim experience.
- Real sounds
- Hybrid ZUB (Including Rivet Games ZUB magnet compatibility)
- Driver Vigilance Safety (Wachsamkeits Kontrolle)
- Park mode (Parkstellung)
- Fully operational Re 450 and Bt cabs with shuttle function
- Combined multi-traction consists
- ‘Lean-built’ for use on resource heavy routes
Included in the pack:
- Re 450 (autonumbering with coats of arms)
- DPZ Bt control car (autonumbering)
- DPZ AB (autonumbering)
- DPZ NDW (autonumbering)
- 6 prebuilt (quick-drive) consists
- Scenarios for Zue-Olt, SBB1 and Lake Constance (Download from Scenario Page)
English, German, French, Dutch
NOTE: The installer will sometimes trigger a false positive (virus.malware) warning. This is due to the installer .exe file. You can safely disregard this and/or whitelist the file. The files are submitted for review/whitelisting at Microsoft.
Update V 1.0.2 (09-04-2021)
- ZUB improvements (braking curves)
- Enlarged V-soll bug
- The raindrops are not wiped by the Re 450 wipers. This has been fixed now. If you have installed V 1.0.2 BEFORE 20th April 2021, Use this Patch: DPZ_Patch_001
- AI traffic does not have raised panto. Use this Patch to fix the issue: DPZ_Patch_002
Corin Melvin Ommerli (verified owner) –
I was super excited when i saw TrainworX working on this and the excitement got payed off! Really well made addon for swiss people like me and even non swiss peeps will like it! The train model is pretty much exactly like it is in reality, allthough the noses of the Re 450 and Bt wagon feel not as tall as they are in real life. However the startup and driving sounds really warm my heart. there is still room for improvement but if youy know this train and it’s sound in real life, then you’re definitely gonna recognize it. I do have one slight issue with it’s current state though. The Sifa and ZUB sounds just dont work for me. i hope this gets fixed in future versions. But yeah other than those small negative things, i can recomend it to anyone!